A two hundred yards southwest of the Charminar is the Mecca Masjid so amed because the bricks were brough from Mecca to build the central arch. The Qutb Shahis never finished the building of the mosque, which was completed by Aurangzeb in 1694. The second largest mosque in India, it can accommodate 10,000 worshipers at a time. Fifteen graceful arches - five to each of the three sides, support the roof. Towards the southern end of the mosque lie the marble tombs of the members of the Asaf Jahi dynasty.